Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Art at last!







Ironically during six years of college I never thought of practicing art seriously.Theory and philosophy had completely occupied me and I found myself constantly battling the flying time…to read more…to grasp more …. to actually internalize more…In this mad rush to “understand” where was the time for indulging in art itself?

While I was busy reading about radical art moments, revolutionary art theories and beauty of Indian temple architecture the practical aspect took completely a back seat. I visualized myself as someone behind the scenes…someone interpreting and deciphering a certain code….someone trying to penetrate in the artists mind. This seemingly passive role that I saw myself in, unknowingly never allowed me to artistically express myself.

Last few months of teaching expierence in College of Art and especially the glass painting workshop that I participated in made me realize what I was missing in life. Moreover discussing with students about their works and ideas which propel them ahead I started craving for producing art myself.After a long gap of sixteen years I touched my oil paints and brush not quite without hesitation. I bought the smallest canvas and started to paint a landscape…..and there started the journey which I hope never ends….













No comments: